Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: peter.abrahams@bloor-research.com

As an IT analyst I have been following the various XML standards.  I have just had a chance to look at the UBL draft and am impressed by its scope and integrity.  I have one concern and that is that their is little defintion information that I could find.  For example I was looking at element StreetName and found it was of StreetNameType and this is of NameType.  This is fine as long as everyone agrees what a Street Name is.  I was surprised when I looked at the examples to find what appeared to be house numbers in the StreetName field.  Is this a mistake in the example?  If not how do I know what is meant by Street Name.
I recognise that tags have been given meaningful names and it is hoped that they should be fairly self explanatory but I suspect they willnever be completley so.  This means there is a need for some level of description against each element.