Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: TimHare@comcast.net

Perhaps I'm overlooking it, but there's one small nit I would like to see in a "universal" business language - a simple consumer receipt. There aren't a lot of electronic receipts for consumers out in the field yet, and it seems this should be incorporated.

Use cases:

1. Assumption: e-mail address encoded on debit/credit/gift card somehow. Purchase triggers sending the UBL receipt to the customer's home e-mail address. Can also be done if cash purchaser wants to give up their e-mail address
2. Different assumption: customers use smart cards, and UBL is stored on the card at the point of purchase.

A standardized retail receipt could then be used by home applications for various purposes (insurance, expense tracking, etcetera).

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.