Subject: Re: [ubl-comment] ASN.1 for UBL 2.1 PRD2

At 2011-05-26 12:32 -0700, Paul Thorpe wrote:
>Here are the ASN.1 files for UBL 2.1 PRD2 as requested by Jon Bosak.

Thank you, as always, for your contribution to the project work!

>In the process of doing the conversion, I noticed that XSDTimeStamp

(typo:  it is in fact <XMLTimeStamp>)

>is used as an element name, but my understanding is that element names
>begining with XML are reserved for use by W3C for standardization.

Thankfully, this element is defined as part of a W3C specification we
are including in UBL only by schema reference:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/XAdES/

The writers of that W3C specification are allowed to use the letters
"X", "M" and "L" in element names:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xml-20081126/#NT-element

(though perhaps they are stretching their own rules because the
citation states the reservation is for only the XML specification and
not other specifications, but that is their problem and not UBL's)

Thanks, again!

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training