Subject: Re: [ubl-comment] Given that they are part of 2.2 (by reason of backward compatibility)

Hi David,

I just caught up with your message to the TC and thought I would offer some information on how we manage the publication of approved TC work products like UBL 2.2.

OASIS publishes all approved TC work products, beginning with Committee Specification Drafts and onwards through OASIS Standards, on the server docs.oasis-open.org. We publish each version in its own distinct tree. We don't try to package up master zip files across an entire collection of releases because we've never seen a need since that could quickly lead to very large files on our system that are of little use to people. Our approach is always to point to earlier or superseded versions under the heading 'Related work' on the specifications cover page. For example, on the cover page for UBL 2.2, it refers to 2.1 as having been superseded and from the cover page of 2.1, it points to 2.0.

Of course, we do publish whatever the TC wants us to publish within its version directory so if the package of material approved by the TC included historical content from earlier releases, we would generally go ahead and publish as prepared and approved by the TC.

Your situation is one that we've not heard about before and I can see why, if you are on a metered line, data volume and connects would be something you would want to minimize. I would be happy to prepare a ZIP file for you including everything you would need. Just let me know and I'm happy to provide it.

I hope this answers your questions.

Best regards,

/chet