Subject: [ubl-csc] RE: UBL CC presentation to D1/D2

Title: RE: UBL CC presentation to D1/D2

Jean-Luc,

Thank you very much.  My guess is a full morning session would be best, and will assume you can make that a reality.

I realize you are in a difficult position as both the proof of concept entailed in Melanie's work, and the proof of concept entailed in the UBL work, are equally important.  The nice thing about the UBL work is that it is an independent proof of concept external to CEFACT, using a slightly different approach (deconstructing existing messages based on EDIFACT and X12), and as such might help justify moving the CC spec to the next level as the second proof of concept required by the Open Development Process.  Also, UBL is most anxious to have D2 take the CC's/BIE's we have developed, and consider them for submission to the harmonization team for consideration as CEFACT CC's/BIE's.

Are you perchance going to be at TC154 in two weeks?  I will be in Geneva for both the MOU MT meeting, and the TC 154 meeting.  In any event, looking forward to seeing you soon in Barcelona.

For Hartmut,

As I am sure you will be in Geneva, perhaps we can get together and plot strategy for the next round of comment resolution.

warmest regards,

Mark