[Sue.Probert@commerceone.com:]

| I agree with your proposals but suggest that maybe we could
| include a documented step which, when appropriate, would encourage
| a prospective SC member to consider moving onto the path towards
| full TC membership as well?

I don't think so, at least not the way we're set up now.  The big
organizational difference between the TC and the SCs is that the
TC has only f2f meetings while the SCs meet primarily by phone.
Thus, people who have travel restrictions are encouraged to join
SCs and not bother with the TC.  So the people who have SC
memberships but not TC memberships are exactly those who would
cause us quorum problems if they joined the TC.

Unless we change the rules fairly radically to make TC meetings
purely informational and do all the procedural TC business by mail
(which is the only real alternative), we don't want to encourage
SC members without TC memberships to join the TC.

Jon