Subject: Re: [ubl-csc] Refining the UBL agenda for next week

Last week at the CIDX meeting I met Peter Benson (copied above),
chairman of the Electronic Commerce Code Management Association (ECCMA).
  He has asked me if he might take 20 minutes to present their work to
an appropriate UBL audience.  It would cover the following topics:

- An overview of the federal NATO cataloguing systems
- ECCMA's work to standardize an XML format for their new Open Technical
   Dictionaries ("EOTDs")

It would have the following purposes:

- Avoid duplication of effort
- See if UBL can use ECCMA outputs (code lists)
- Solicit input from UBL participants on their work

My first thought was that a technical audience would be most interested
in this, suggesting a slot in the Monday 2-4pm joint NDR/CM planning
session.  But LC folks might want to hear this too.  What do folks
think?  Might a 20-minute slot in the Monday plenary make sense?  (Right
now, Peter is planning to attend the meetings on Monday.  By the way,
Peter, I believe you'll have to register for the meeting like normal,
even if you only attend one day.)

	Eve