Subject: Re: [ubl-csc] [Fwd: [chairs] Member interface launch 17 March; needsattention; future plans]

Title:
we can only add arofan with his old email address and then ...

Everyone who is currently
subscribed to the TC, SC, JC, MS SC, TAB, etc. lists will now be on your
rosters except for people who are ineligible (not OASIS members) or are
using email addresses not from their companies. Scott McGrath, the OASIS
membership director, will be contacting these people to ask them to set
up accounts using the correct email address. If you have any questions
about why a particualr person is not on your roster please contact Scott
  at scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org.

good luck. (it now appears we have until monday afternoon (your time) to resolve this.).

Eduardo Gutentag wrote:
I'm trying to work on the CMSC list; I cannot add Arofan Gregory :-( either,
which makes things kinda silly...

What are we supposed to do?

Tim McGrath wrote:
Hmmm, obviously some of us are not - as i did not see this message.  I am however, on the Kavi chairs system - so it appears they are not aligned.

It appears that the most critical thing is that  we have our UBL 'roster' lists (as Kavi calls memberships) set up by Monday 17th.
The lists themselves have been established for both UBL TC and all SCs, except we appear to have no UBL-comment list!. The others appear to have been populated - but not by recent data, and each member is only OBSERVER .

OASIS expect us to go through these lists and change the status (and voting rights) of each member as appropriate.  I suspect this needs Lisa's database, but in the short term I propose making all current subscribers a MEMBER type and given them Voting rights - we can adjust this backwards as necessary, but i figured this was the most common case.  Unfortunately, I only have authority to update the UBL TC and UBL LC SC lists so have only been able to make the necessary changes to these.
By taking  a subscriber list off the current mailing lists and trying to subscribe these onto the Kavi system, i discovered the following integrity issues...

Kavi only allows official OASIS members on its roster lists.  When adding a new member you must pick email addresses off pick lists of existing OASIS members - so this means we have some differences to fix up.  We cannot update email addresses or add new names, these are under OASIS central control.

_Current subscribers to UBL TC list who will not be registered under Kavi because they don't appear on the OASIS membership list..._
chad.gates@vic.ara.com.au
charliem22@yahoo.com
doug_jones@agilent.com
dsleeper@accessvia.com
dvint@acord.org
jean_luc_champion@yahoo.com
leon@shiman.com
robert.shanbaum@gerbercoburn.com
I suggest that we email these and ask them to confirm their OASIS membership (or arrange something with OASIS for 'guest experts')

_Current subscribers to UBL TC list who will be registered under Kavi but with a different email address (probably an older one, because thats what OASIS think it is)..._
glushko@sims.berkeley.edu will be registered as  Bob.glushko@commerceone.com
jhervey@cstorecentral.com will be registered as  jhervey@nacsonline.com
lseaburg@aeon-llc.com will be will be registered as  xmlgeek@gmi.net
matthew.gertner@acepoint.cz will be registered as  matthew@acepoint.cz

These members probably wont see any messages from Monday (unless they have a forward set up) and wont be able to post using their current email addresses.
I suggest that we email these and ask them to update their OASIS membership details (two of you are reading this message - i hope!)

_Current subscribers to UBL LCSC list who will not be registered under Kavi because they don't appear on the OASIS membership list..._

arofan.gregory@earthlink.net
chad.gates@vic.ara.com.au
donrudie@att.net
dvint@acord.org
tb@abies.co.uk

_Current subscribers to UBL LCSC list who will be registered under Kavi but with a different email address (probably an older one, because thats what OASIS think it is)..._

lseaburg@aeon-llc.com will be will be registered as  xmlgeek@gmi.net

Chairs of other SCs will need to get an authorized Kavi username from Scott (no relation) McGrath at scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org and do likewise - ideally before Monday.  If this doesn't happen most current SC members will get postings, but no-one will be able to post to the list.

There are other issues with respect to web pages and access but these are less time critical (hopefully).

Eve L. Maler wrote:

I don't know if all the UBL SC chairs are on the OASIS chairs list.  In case you're not, here's an urgent notice regarding Kavi...

    Eve

-------- Original Message -------C