Subject: Re: [ubl-csc] Re: Kavi meeting with the UBL chairs

> >> People are still not getting email.  Please check to
> >> see if robert.shanbaum@gerbercoburn.com is on the UBL TC
> >> and UBL LSC lists, and if not,let me know what needs to be
> >> done to add him.
[...]
> I do not see him on the roster.  Assuming that he is a member of OASIS, he
> will need to join this TC.  Until he has done this, there isn't much for Jon
> to do.

Robert Shanbaum is an appointed liaison to UBL from the Vision
Council of America.  He is one of four UBL liaisons for whom I
requested a membership waiver from Patrick Gannon in mail dated 21
March and 24 March 2003.  So far I have not received any reply to
that request.

| I think this brings up something I may have commented on later.
| At this point, given the time that these issues have been outstanding,
| and the unavailability of information that has been present, both
| to the TC members and the general public, I'd like to request:
|
| a) a notice be put in a prominent area on the OASIS top level page
|    stating that OASIS is undergoing a change in tools which may cause
|    the inability to access some information (some examples may be
|    helpful), but that you are working on the issues and ask people
|    to be patient and reassure them that the system will at some
|    point in the future be back in order.
|
| b) regular updates to the membership on the status of the conversion
|    (this may be going out to the chairs, but there's no reason to
|    put them in the middle of this, is there?)  Everyone deserves
|    this information and the chairs should not need ot be stuck
|    in the middle with an additional workload like this.
|    (This is just my view.)

I agree on both of these points.

Jon