Subject: Re: [ubl-csc] Summary of my confusion in 0.80 vis-a-vis London decisions

At 2003-06-26 20:49 -0700, Jon Bosak wrote:
>I'm just glad that you and Chee Kai seem to be arriving at
>some common understanding about all this.

Unfortunately, I do *not* have a _common_ understanding yet, because what
Chee Kai tells me is in direct opposition to what Eduardo, Arofan and I
were debating in London.  Eduardo and Arofan were debating it with me with
such conviction, and Chee Kai is so emphatic in his position.

Hence my request for a citation to a definitive description of the UBL
decision regarding local/global with examples ... so I could figure out
which of their arguments I didn't understand.  It seems I was the source of
the problem in my debate with Eduardo and Arofan.

Reviewing LCSC postings again, I just found in:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-lcsc/200306/msg00048.html

the quote from Chee Kai "the way it was done in 0p70 was mostly
preserved".  This was in response to a question by Tim and there appears to
be no contention.  So the vociferous around-the-room debate and comments in
London, and the minuted decision on @ID and @CODE, and the exasperation
expressed by some at the conclusions now baffle me as to what exactly we
were disagreeing about.

However, understanding or not, at least I can proceed with what I see in
0.80Draft3.1 and the sample instances in:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-lcsc/200306/msg00069.html

where I see in the Joinery Invoice instance:

   <n:BuyerParty>
     <cat:ID/>
     <cat:Address>
   <n:SellerParty>
     <cat:Party>
       <cat:ID/>
       <cat:Address>

No-one seems to be challenging the accuracy of these instances or the
document models upon which they are based.  Anyway, they are structured
they way I would like to see them!

Thanks again for your patience.

.................. Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
North America public:  XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:    http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc