Subject: Montreal meeting logistics

UBL Chairs,

I'm starting to finalize the logistics for the UBL meeting in
Montreal; see message below, which is going out with this mail.

Expenses will be helped a lot if we can get by with just one
conference phone, so I'd like the NDRSC and LCSC chairs to try to
arrange their agendas in a way that will make this possible.
Given that we've only been promised two rooms and that we've
scheduled a Liaison SC meeting/concall for 11 a.m. Montreal time
on Wednesday 30 July, this means that our phone utilization matrix
starts out looking something like this:

   Mon 7/28 09h15-13h00 Opening plenary
            13h00-17h00 Phone available

   Tue 7/29 No phone scheduled yet

   Wed 7/30 09h00-11h00 Phone available
            11h00-12h00 Liaison SC call
            13h00-17h00 Phone available

   Thu 7/31 No phone scheduled yet

   Fri 8/01 No phone scheduled yet

Note one important wrinkle: since we've only got two rooms, the
LSC will have to evict one of the SCs for the call 11-noon on
Wednesday.  (Excuse me, I mean that one of the SCs will be taking
an early lunch.)  The question is, which SC?  And the answer is,
whichever one needs to use the phone line that day.  You guys need
to sort out which one that's going to be.

I'm not sure whether we should try for dial-in to the closing
plenary.  Let's wait and see what it would cost before we decide.

Jon

To: TSBosse@aol.com, jharnad@idealliance.org, dee.schur@oasis-open.org,
        carol.geyer@oasis-open.org, scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org
Subject: Montreal UBL meeting logistics

Hello OASIS and IDEAlliance Folks,

It's time to finish up our plans for the UBL meeting to be hosted
by IDEAlliance the week preceding the Extreme Markup conference in
Montreal.  I've appended a couple of messages from February that
summarize what we agreed on.

Scott:

   Since two members of the TC have committed to bringing
   projectors, and all the members are being told to bring their
   own extension cords, it appears that our expenses charged
   through the hotel will be as follows:

    - A couple of flip charts on easels.  White boards would of
      course be even better if the hotel happens to have them.

    - A conference phone for several days (we're not exactly sure
      which days yet, but certainly Monday and Wednesday).  We
      generally try to provide dial-in for the closing plenary on
      Friday, but we can't decide this till we know what it will
      cost.  It would be great to have this information ASAP so
      that we can finalize our published meeting agenda.

    - An outside line.  We will follow your advice and get someone
      from outside to call in to make the connection.

    - It is possible that we will need a second phone and a second
      outside line.  I'm going to encourage the subcommittees to
      arrange their agendas so that this is not necessary, but
      it's a possibility.

   I'm assuming from your message quoted below that you need for
   the people who will be attending the meeting in person to
   contact you directly with their contact info and a statement
   that they are committed to sharing the expenses.  Is there any
   particular form in which you'd like them to put this
   information?

Tanya:

   I don't have a head count yet (we should have that by early
   next week), but nothing has happened to change the estimates I
   provided back in February; see below.  It would help in
   planning the agenda if we knew for sure that the two rooms
   would be next to or at least near one another.  Can this be
   confirmed with the hotel?

   Two other key questions for you:

    - What is the cost of phones and phone lines?

    - I can arrange to bring a Polycom conference phone from Sun;
      this could save us a chunk of money, but will the hotel let
      us use it?

Jon