Subject: Re: [ubl-csc] Agenda for 27 August 2003 CSC Call

At 2003-08-27 07:26 -0400, CRAWFORD, Mark wrote:
>The next meeting of the UBL CSC SC is scheduled for 11:00 EST 27 August 2003.

I regret I am unable to make it.

At 2003-08-26 18:36 -0700, jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:
>Anne Hendry tells me that, in consultation with Ken, she is
>willing to take responsibility for tracking (not deciding!) these
>two items:
>
>  - Identification of the core code lists that we have to build
>    ourselves for 1.0: LC; looks like countries and currencies
>
>  - Cataloguing other code lists needed for "out of the box"
>    operation: either LC or the codelist team, we don't seem to be
>    sure which

I was going to bring this up in tomorrow's code list meeting and thank Anne
for taking this on.  There was a lot of confusion in the last meeting about
what the code list group was going to do.

My understanding out of Montréal was that the code list group was only
going to identify the methods of working with code lists and that grew to
cataloguing the code lists needed for "out of the box".  It seems to be
growing to actually include producing these code lists, which I thought was
the purview of LC.

At 2003-08-25 15:42 -0700, jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:
>I get the following set of codelist-related tasks,
>owners, and current status:
>
>  - Standards for codelist metadata (versioning etc.), including
>    creation of the UBL Committee Spec and shepherding it through
>    the OASIS process: NDR; mostly done

Right ... for normative information regarding identification and use,
validation, etc.

>  - Identification of the core code lists that we have to build
>    ourselves for 1.0: LC; looks like countries and currencies
>
>  - Cataloguing other code lists needed for "out of the box"
>    operation: either LC or the codelist team, we don't seem to be
>    sure which
>
>  - Gross architecture of code lists in general (e.g., whether
>    codelist-specific ancillary data goes in appinfo or in adjunct
>    files): NDR; my impression is that this is on hold pending
>    input to NDR from the codelist team

Fine ... this is consistent with my understanding in Montréal.  The code
list group will do some experimentation and presentation of choices from
which NDR can choose.

>  - Gross architecture of adjunct files if that's the approach we
>    decide to take: codelist team; not part of the UBL spec per se,
>    but a gating item in the next task on the list

Right ... I don't see adjunct information as normative, rather I see them
as guidelines.  The FPSC examples would follow the guidelines for
illustrative purposes.

>  - Construction of the core code lists that we have to build
>    ourselves for 1.0: codelist team

Okay, but I thought this was LC though I recognize a number of code list
members are in LC so I suppose we can take it on.

The next code list teleconference is tomorrow, Thursday 11:00EDT.

--
Next public European delivery:  3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2003-09-22
Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training

ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                               Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X               Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:     http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc