Subject: Fwd: [chairs] TC attendance notification

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:57:55 -0500
From: "Karl F. Best" <karl.best@oasis-open.org>
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
CC: Brent Bourgoine <brent.bourgoine@oasis-open.org>
Subject: [chairs] TC attendance notification

Chairs, Secretaries:

Last spring when we rolled out the Kavi system we included an automated
meeting attendance notification so that you would be notified when a TC
member wasn't fulfilling the level of attendance required to maintain TC
membership. We received a number of complaints that the functionality
was not operating correctly and was giving false or unreliable notices.

Over the past few weeks we've had Brent Bourgoine, our staff web
developer, working on this functionality to both correct it as well as
to bring it in line with the new requirements of the revised TC Process
(for example, Prospective Members must attend meetings during their
probationary period).  The rebuild of the functionality is complete.

While many of you have been ignoring or filtering these messages because
of their inaccuracy, I would ask that you now start paying attention to
them as they should now be reliable. One caveat, however: you should
note that the functionality relies upon your keeping accurate records of
meeting attendance; if the information entered in the Kavi attendance
functionality is not correct and current then the attendance
notification will also not be correct.

If you see any problems with the notices that you receive (and assuming
that your meeting attendance records are accurate), please submit a
report to webmaster@oasis-open.org so that Brent can address the problem.

- -Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org