Subject: [Fwd: problem accessing oasis documents as general public]

  Hi,

Are other people having problems making documents readable by the public
through the Kavi document repository?  If so, does anyone have thoughts
on possible solutions or workarounds?  It's not the first time (as I mention
below) that I've had this problem.  The only way I know of at the moment
to post documents and be sure they are publicly readable is to send them
as attachments to the email list.

Thanks,
Anne

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:29:28 -0800
From: Anne Hendry <anne.hendry@sun.com>
To: webmaster@oasis-open.org
CC: anne.hendry@sun.com

Hello,

I'm having a problem with priviledges of the documents I've submitted
to Kavi.  This is not the first time I've raised this problem to you, but
I don't see that there has been anything done to fix it so I want to raise
it again with more urgency in the hopes you can fix it now.

When I submit documents to the Kavi system with all priviledges for
viewing as noted for the document at the link below, that document
is still not viewable to the general public.  This is a serious problem,
as it a) goes against the entire premise of open standards development,
b) keeps anyone that hasn't already signed up to OASIS from seeing
the work we do, thereby blocking the flow of interest that one would
assume would generate more OASIS members over time, c) keeps us
from being able to advertise our work to those outside of OASIS
unless we do not use the Kavi system.

Would you please look into this for us and see what can be done,
either by us when submitting a document, or by you in tweaking the
Kavi system, to fix this problem?

Thanks
Anne

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/ubl-ttsc/download.php/2816/ttsc_20030630.txt

Access:
This document is visible to UBL Tools and Techniques SC and shared with:

    * OASIS Open (General Membership)
    * General Public
    * OASIS Universal Business Language TC