Subject: Re: [ubl-csc] [Fwd: problem accessing oasis documents as general public]

At 2003-11-22 11:19 -0800, Anne Hendry wrote:
>Are other people having problems making documents readable by the public
>through the Kavi document repository?

Yes ... it turns out that Kavi uses the "protected" address for links to
minutes and agendas from the calendar page, even when marking the event and
the documents for access by the general public.

>If so, does anyone have thoughts on possible solutions or workarounds?

Yes, change "/apps/.../download" to "/committees/download" ... as for your
given example:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/ubl-ttsc/download.php/2816/ttsc_20030630.txt

change it to:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/2816/ttsc_20030630.txt

Ref: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-csc/200305/msg00026.html

>It's not the first time (as I mention below) that I've had this
>problem.  The only way I know of at the moment
>to post documents and be sure they are publicly readable is to send them
>as attachments to the email list.

Modifying the URL as above works when you need to advertise the post in an
email message.

Unfortunately, KAVI doesn't use this modified address for documents with
permission for the general public in the calendar pages, so even though I
marked the calendar event as having general public access, the links used
are not useable by the general public:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=2691&wg_abbrev=ubl-fpsc

Note that if you forget to change the permissions for the document to allow
access by the general public, the modified URL will appear to "hang" as the
browser waits forever for the document to be delivered.

I hope this helps.

--
Next public European delivery:  3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-01-??
Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training

ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                               Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X               Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:     http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc