Subject: RE: [ubl-csc] [Fwd: [ubl-dev] UDEF applied to CCTS - a Proposal for Alignment]

Concur with Tim.  UDEF creates a unique numeric expression for each element - as opposed to a generic UID assigned by the registry.  I don't believe anyone has successfully provided the business case for being able to decompose the UDEF number into its semantic expression since the registry UID will always point to the semantic expression with much greater meta information available.  As far as them working with CCTS, I am afraid that is not the case.

Mark

--
regards
tim mcgrath