Subject: Plan for Washington F2F

CSC,

Here's what I've got for next week based on what I've received so
far.  If you send comments, bear in mind that it's taking me about
24 hours to turn around email right now and that I won't have HTTP
access till Sunday.

Jon

1. Plenary (Monday)

   SC reports

   ASC: Forecast organizational decisions that will be needed by
   Friday (reorganizing SCs for post-1.0)

   Review larger version 1.0 context (UBL as the fifth generation
   of CBL; existing implementation efforts; l10n and UBL 1.1;
   industry profiles)

   Review meaning of the verb "to freeze"

   Assess deltas between current state and completion

   Observe that we do not have a 1.0 beta legacy problem at this
   point, our chief concern regarding schema changes being their
   effect on our internal implementation work (stylesheets,
   instances, and converters) rather than outside users, but that
   we do have a credibility problem if we do not deliver on the
   schedule widely advertised over the last few months

      Decide: Maintain effective compatibility with 1.0 beta
      (enough to proceed with stylesheets and instances)?

      Decide: Keep to schedule by producing FCS schemas by Friday?

   NIST presentation (Mark Palmer)

   Formatting demo (Fabio Arciniegas)

2. Breakouts (Mon p.m., Tue-Thu all day, and Friday a.m.)

   A. NDR track (NDR + ISC + TTSC + LC)

       - Begin by agreeing to observe that there are no new NDR
         rules since 17 September [if anyone disagrees with this,
         please provide me the text of those new rules directly, I
         cannot check the web right now]

       - Work through Tim's issues list, create final NDR
         checklist, document the leftovers

       - Check three UBL CCTS schemas against NDR, correct our
         versions of the CCTS schemas as necessary (or make it an
         NDR that they are exceptions and move on)

       - Sync with CLSC

       - Generate final 1.0 schemas from latest LC models

   B. Code list track (CLSC)

       - Review code list strategy, finalize in time to sync with
         schema generation in Track A (or abandon enum validation
         for 1.0 and continue CLSC as a group chartered to develop
         a standard schema format for use by applications)

   C. Customization track (CMSC)

       - Reform the SC and finish the guidelines

       - Note that all discussions about "UBL compliance" should
         take place in this SC

   D. Packaging tracks

      1. Formatting track (FPSC)

       - If final is going to be (mostly) backwards compatible
         with beta, create stylesheets; otherwise participate in
         CLSC and/or NDR

      2. Packaging team

       - If final is going to be (mostly) backwards compatible
         with beta, proceed with example instances and packaging

       - In any event, determine some final questions related to
         packaging (formats, workflow, responsibilities)

       - Do editorial work as time permits; this will continue
         after the F2F

   E. Localization track

       - KRLSC meeting

   F. Administration track

       - Work on post-1.1 organizational commitments

   G. Liaison track

       - Hold Wednesday LSC meeting

3. Track wrap-ups (Friday 09h00-11h00)

4. Closing plenary (Friday 11h00-13h00)

   Hear track reports

   Plan completion of 1.0 in weeks following the meeting

   Get preliminary agreement on UBL TC organizational structures
   for 1.1

   Establish preliminary agenda for Hong Kong