Subject: Re: [ubl-csc] Hong Kong planning

at this stage i am assuming that most subcommittees will not be meeting independently (i don't think LC will meet more than one session - if at all). so when we talk about technical breakouts, these are ad-hoc subgroups. is that correct?

if so, then can i suggest this group address the tasks in our future work items. my first pass at these for Appendix H of the document, categorised these as...

Schema Naming and Design Rules
1. Evaluation of the use of substitution groups for code list customization
2. Importing codelist schema modules via the SDT module or directly into the aggregate schema and all the document schemas
3. Location of qualified BBIE property elements definitions
4. Publication of NDR as a separate technicial specification.
Interoperability
5. Meaning of "UBL conformance"
6. Convergence with OAG on a set of CCTS schemas
7. Working with UN/CEFACT TBG17 Harmonisation Group.
8. Customisation
9. Translation and localisation
Registration and Storage
10. Relative paths in schema modules
11. Version element in the documentation of every BIE

I wonder if it may also make sense to structure the technical breakouts for Tues-Thursday along these lines.  That is, as three technical breakout sessions (probably sequential, but maybe in parallel if the group decides)
.

jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:

Monday morning: plenary

 - Opening

 - SC reports

 - Finalize agenda for the week

Monday afternoon: plenary

 - Localization

    - Items to be translated

    - Form in which they are they going to be published

    - Multibyte character set issues

    - Kavi issues

    - Relationships with legal organizations

    - Work schedule

Tuesday morning: plenary

 - UBL 1.x customization: meaning of "UBL conformance," "UBL
   industy profile"

 - Additions to 1.0 doctypes (what, how, who)

Tuesday afternoon: tech/l10n/admin breakouts (see below)

Wednesday morning: plenary

 - Work plan for UBL 1.1

 - UBL liaisons

    - Relationships with UBL user organizations

    - Relationships with organizations interested in UBL but not
      intending to adopt it

    - Should we have a separate LSC?  Note Atlantic/Pacific timing
      issues

Wednesday afternoon: tech/l10n/admin breakouts (see below)

Thursday: tech/l10n/admin breakouts (see below); report
preparation

Friday morning: plenary

 - Marketing report

 - Technical report

 - Localization report

 - SC reorganization

 - Closing

Technical breakout (Tue-Thu):

 - CCTS schema work plan

    - OAG/UBL collaboration

    - Relationship with ATG2

    - Start work?

 - Location of qualified BBIE property elements

 - Absolute path names

 - Performance implications of importing codelist schema modules

 - Substitution groups for code list extension (identify issues in
   preparation for public discussion)

Localization breakout (Tue-Thu):

 - Regional SC meetings

 - Regional UBL 1.0 marketing (meet with each l10n sc)

Marketing/administrative breakout (Tue-Thu):

 - English-language UBL 1.0 marketing

 - Preparation of plan for SC reorganization