ubl-dev message

Subject: Context for previous announcement regarding upcoming training

Hello again!

re: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200401/msg00006.html

I've been asked off-list to clarify the context of my having sent the above
training announcement earlier this week.  The announcement was the generic
copy that I used on other lists and I apologize that I failed to indicate
to the new audience of UBL-Dev why I thought such an announcement would be
of interest to this group.

I chair the UBL Forms Presentation Subcommittee (FPSC) and our subcommittee
is producing formatting specifications: reports of example requirements for
the formatting of UBL documents to paper.  Users of our abstract
specifications would write concrete processing tools to render instances of
UBL document models.  The processing tools may be proprietary, open,
standardized, or any concoction desired by a user of UBL.

One typical candidate output is a PDF file or paper document with the
information.

Another candidate output is an HTML document for use on the web.

XSL-FO http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl is the W3C Recommendation describing a
vocabulary used to express the layout of information on a printed page,
much like HTML is the vocabulary used to express the layout of information
in a web browser.

XSLT http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt is the W3C Recommendation describing a
vocabulary used to express the transformation of XML documents to other
vocabularies, such as XSL-FO or HTML.

Given that UBL documents are XML documents and many users of UBL will be
interested in rendering their XML documents, I felt this audience would be
interested in knowing about upcoming announcements of available
training.  We run public courses and will set up courses in a city on a
contingency basis depending on the number of sign-ups.  We also can be
contracted for in-house training, and we sell books from our web site.

Should you wish to filter out my announcements to the list, I try always to
prefix them with "Announce".  I try to be a good Internet citizen,
indicating where copies come from and following a detectable pattern for
disposal.  I hope you find this information useful, or at least easy to ignore.

Oh, and FPSC-related questions are certainly welcome on this list!  I'll
try to always be in a position to answer them or contribute to the discussion.

Thanks!

--
North America (Washington, DC): 3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-03-15
-          (San Francisco, CA): 3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-03-22

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/bc