ubl-dev message

Subject: EDI to UBL

Dear all,

We are working in the implementation of UBL 1.0 in different scenarios in
Spain. One of the sectors we are working with have some companies that are
still transacting electronically with EDI messages based on the UN/EDIFACT
standard.

Now, we are proposing them the use of UBL for those of their trader partners
who are not able to setup an EDI environment, based on ease of use and
economical criteria. Those companies have received our proposal with a high
degree of approval.

So, as the EDI users need to receive documents in EDI format and new trader
partners are sending messages in UBL format, we need to develop a data
mapper between EDI and UBL, and we are starting with the Invoice.

In that scenario we have some questions that need to be answered:

1.- In EDI there are many roles defined by NAD 3035 Party qualifier element.
And so herein Spain, the EDI users use some of those qualifiers to establish
basically the following items:

	a) From the Buyer point of view
		The Buyer
		The people who asked for the goods
		The Invoice recipient
		The payer
		The goods recipient
		The document recipient
	b) From the Seller point of view
		The seller
		The provider
		The invoice issuer
		The payee

As in UBL there are only two main Parties, the SellerParty and the
BuyerParty without a qualification, we would like to know how we can map
those different EDI parties in UBL.

The different options as long as we can see are:

	1) Using AdditionalAccountID in BuyerParty or SellerParty. The
problem with that way is that we cannot qualify the ID.
	2) Incrementing the Party cardinality inside the BuyerParty or
SellerParty. That way we also need a party qualifier inside the party.
	3) Locate each different role in its correspondant localization. For
instance, the payer can be placed in
cac:PaymentMeans/cac:PayerFinancialAccount/cac:ID. The problem with that
approach is the disability to define that party attributes.

We are looking forward to hearing from anyone who can give us an advice on
how to implement that EDI to UBL mapping.

Best regards.

Oriol Bausà Peris
Tradise

--Avís--

Aquest missatge electrònic es dirigeix només al seu destinatari. Pot
contenir informació privilegiada o confidencial i/o dades de caràcter
personal regulades per la Llei Orgànica de Protecció de Dades i la Llei de
Serveis de la Societat de la Informació. Si Vostè no n'és el destinatari, ha
de saber que la seva lectura, còpia i ús està prohibida. Li preguem que ens
avisi immediatament per aquesta mateixa via i que procedeixi a la seva
destrucció. Les opinions, conclusions i la resta de informació inclosa en
aquest missatge, que no estiguin relacionades amb assumptes professionals de
Tradise, no estan recolzades per l'empresa.

--Aviso--

información privilegiada o confidencial y/o datos de carácter personal, cuya
difusión está regulada por la Ley Orgánica de Protección de Datos y la Ley
de Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información. Si usted no es el
destinatario indicado (o el responsable de la entrega al mismo), no debe
copiar o entregar este mensaje a terceros bajo ningún concepto. Si ha
recibido este mensaje por error o lo ha conseguido por otros medios, le
rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a
su eliminación irreversible. Las opiniones, conclusiones y demás información
incluida en este mensaje que no estén relacionadas con asuntos profesionales
de Tradise no están respaldadas por la empresa.

--Notice--

This e-mail message is solely intended for its addressee and may contain
confidential information. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you
should know that it is forbidden to read it, copy or use it. Please, notify
us of receipt immediately via e-mail and delete it. Opinions, and other
informations included in this message not related with Tradise professional
activity will not be endorsed.