ubl-dev message

Subject: Announce: Crane's UBL 1.0 Stylesheet Library completed

We are pleased to announce that Crane's UBL 1.0 Stylesheet Library has been
completed and is ready for access by and feedback from the user community.

This library includes both XSL-FO and two-step HTML rendering of instances
of the UBL 1.0 document models according to the published United Nations
Layout Key formatting specifications created by the UBL Forms Processing
Subcommittee and included in the UBL package.  Print formats include both
A4-sized and US-letter-sized presentations according to the dimensions of
the UN Layout Key, with continuation pages.  All eight document types are
supported.

Sample XSL-FO and PDF files are included in the package to see the
stylesheet behaviours without having to run the stylesheets on any
data.  These files could be used, for example, to test an implementation of
XSL-FO rendering regarding how it accommodates the techniques used.

Based on feedback received so far we are looking into single-step HTML
renderings, but we cannot comment yet on when any revisions to the library
in this regard will be made available.

To find the library please follow the persistent URL in the trailer below
to our home page and click on the "Free resources" selection in the right
marginalia.  There is an entry for UBL and UN Layout Key stylesheets, where
you will find the links to the downloadable files.  As I've stated before
we do not publish direct URL addresses in archived messages so as to have
the flexibility to move files around (which we had to do this afternoon)
and not negate any archived URL.  Our trailer URL addresses are persistent.

We welcome your feedback and dialogue either publicly on UBL-Dev or
privately to us directly.

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Next: 3-day XSLT/XPath; 2-day XSL-FO - Birmingham, UK June 14,2004

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/bc