ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: Somewhat offtopic: xsl question

At 2004-05-26 12:16 +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
>On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 07:06:01AM -0400, G. Ken Holman wrote:
> > >    I'm making a UBLInvoiceToEDIFACT stylesheet.
> >
> > Kewl!  Which output vocabulary are you using to express the semantics of
> > the EDIFACT message?
>

>     EANCOM D93.A INVOIC, if this is what you are asking for.

Hmmmmm ... not quite.

You say you are writing a stylesheet ... if it is an XSLT stylesheet then
its input is the UBL XML and its output is HTML, XML, text or some custom
set of extension output semantics supported by a given processor.

Your stylesheet name implies the output will (eventually) be an EDIFACT
message in some assumedly normative syntax ... but how are you getting the
result in that syntax?

If your stylesheet output is XML, then perhaps you have a postprocess that
reads an instance of an XML vocabulary reflecting the EDIFACT semantics and
outputs normative EDIFACT syntax (perhaps written using a SAX process).

If your stylesheet output is EDIFACT syntax,then perhaps you are using a
custom extension available in a processor (you could even use the SAX
process described above).

If your stylesheet technology isn't XSLT, then I'd be curious which
technology is supporting the EDIFACT semantics to produce the EDIFACT syntax.

Many choices, which is why I was curious what your choice was (even if
"none of the above").

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Next: 3-day XSLT/XPath; 2-day XSL-FO - Birmingham, UK June 14,2004

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/bc