ubl-dev message

Subject: [no subject]

Noting that UBL's 8 main documents are themselves ABIEs, one could also
start from, say, an invoice type, if the UBL's InvoiceType already has a
major portion of content that fits your purposes.  But instead of =
removing
those elements that you don't want, you'll need to define flags outside =
of
UBL's InvoiceType to mark which element isn't used.

One physical process of doing the above will be to start from UBL's =
source
spreadsheet and copying and pasting the entire rows of ABIE definions =
onto
your new document spreadsheet (stored in the mod/maindoc/  =
subdirectory),
which itself could be a copy of one of the 8 main document spreadsheets
found there. Then run the schema-assembler, such as UBLish, to assemble=20
the newly created document from spreadsheet into schema.

Another approach is to manually assemble the ABIE schema types using XML =
Spy
or even just text editor (yes, it's possible). But you'll probably need =
constantly check various XML Schema syntaxes (e.g. imports), and also
whether some of the global design guidelines have been consistently
maintained.

Note that such a new document schema will necessarily=20
interoperate in a complete manner only within your designated=20
usage parties.  But the approach of assembly will enable the=20
other parties to quickly interpret the big blocks of ABIEs=20
within your new document based on published semantics from UBL TC.

Note also that UBL TC is still discussing customization, compliance and
conformance.  What I mentioned above is only to share with you what =
works
for me so far, and may or may=20
not end up being what UBL TC eventually concludes.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML
Tel: +65-6820-2979