ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Creating a new document... where to start?

 Thank you for sharing. That helped alot

-----Original Message-----
From: Chin Chee-Kai [mailto:cheekai@softml.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 1:03 AM
To: Steven Herod
Cc: ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Steven,

I take it that when you say "from scratch", you don't mean designing a
new data document model starting from nothing, but rather, to
custom-make a new document schema based on UBL-published ingredients.
This turns out to be something that is still undergoing discussion
within UBL TC.

But the general idea is that, in my opinion, to maximize re-use of UBL
efforts and to preserve/ensure maximal interoperability between other
"newly created document type from scratch", I'll suggest treating the
ABIE types presented by UBL TC as indivisible, unchangeable atoms.  This
means that the type and element names as well as their corresponding
namespace values of the ABIEs must bear exactly the same values as those
defined by UBL, and recursively into the sub-elements defined within
these ABIEs.