ubl-dev message

Subject: FW: [ubl-comment] Comments to Tim's paper (draft-mcgrath-UBLandCCTSschemas-0p1.sxw)

Title: Comments to Tim's paper (draft-mcgrath-UBLandCCTSschemas-0p1.sxw)
Folks,

Gunther has submitted this in response to the paper put out by Tim.  In my opinion this also constitutes a set of comments for release 1.0 as well and I would like us to ensure we add them to the issues list and respond accordingly.

Mark

From: Stuhec, Gunther [mailto:gunther.stuhec@sap.com]
Sent: Mon 6/21/2004 7:44 AM
To: 'ubl-comment@lists.oasis-open.org'

Hello all,

I reviewed the paper from Tim (draft-mcgrath-UBLandCCTSschemas-0p1.sxw) and I'm completely in favor with some major modifications of the CCT-Schemas.

We decided in the UBL NDRSC that we define XML schemes from BIEs as efficient as possible. That means, it is not necessary to create exactly the same construction as described in the CCTS V2.01, because you can express many definitions of CCTS more effectively, if you're using all XML Schema conventions.

Formal Attribute Naming of Supplementary Components
We decided in UBL NDRSC that we can truncate the same names of "Object Class Terms" of the supplementary components, if we declare attributes of it. Because these information will be already expressed by the element tag name and therefore they are redundant. You'll find this rule [ATG1] in the document the document "wd-ublndrsc-ndrdoc-V1pt0Draftp.doc".

I'm agree that is a mistake in "AmountType". The correct attribute name of "Amount Currency. Code List Version. Identifier" must be "currencyCodeListVersionID", because the name "Currency" isn't expressed by the element tag name itself.

If we would like to be formal with CCTS, than we should be in 100% compliant to CCTS on every part of the XML schemas. (e.g we have to use the Object Class Terms in tag names of every ABIEs, BBIEs and ASBIEs, we have to use all supplementary components like "Date Time. Format. Text", we should not allow to truncate "Text" etc.)

Codes and Identifiers not using xsd:normalizedString
=======================================
I have no problem with "xsd:normalizedString".

But I'm still recommending that a restriction from "xsd:normalizedString" to "xsd:token" should be allowed for qualified data types, because for some Codes and Identifiers, it must be necessary to express these based on the built-in data type "xsd:token".

Attributes for Codes and Identifiers
==========================
It is not necessary to do a declaration of attributes for the supplementary components of codes and identifiers. Because these supplementary components will be expressed by namespace and annotation.

Schema Modules renamed
====================
The names of the modules are different to the UN/CEFACT ATG module names.

Alignent with OASIS
===============
1.) Naming of Supplementary Components as attributes.
I hope that OASIS still using the shorter attribute names (without same terms of the Object Class and CCTs).

2.) Use of XSD normalizedString for code, identifier and text components.
See my comments to Codes and Identifiers

3.) Use of XSD built-in dataypes requiring the "format" Supplementary Component
I guess, it make no sense to define the attribute "format" for unqualified data types.

Garret made the suggestion at one time, to separate the CCT-module and the unqualified data type module, completely. The CCT module should only be used for informative reasons and the unqualified data type module should be the basis for all qualified data types and BBIEs. The unqualified data type should be defined as efficient as possible and without unnecessary attributes, like "format". I guess, this will be the best way.

4.) Restrictions on Binary Object for Graphic, Picture, Sound and Video data type.
We used all supplementary components for Binary Object Type since the beginning. We should furthermore use all these supplementary components as attributes for all types (Binary Object for Graphic, Picture, Sound and Video). Because all supplementary components are necessary for an unambiguous and standardized representation of binary objects.

5.) Patterns for Indicator data type.
I'm agree.

Annotations
The annotations of UBL library do not based on the guidelines of the UBL Naming and Design-Rules (wd-ublndrsc-ndrdoc-V1pt0Draftp.doc). Therefore, there is a difference between UBL LCSC, UBL NDRSC and OAG.

Name of Representation Terms schema
The UN/CEFACT using "unqualified data types". I guess, this name is the most compliant one to the CCTS.

Abbreviation for Identifier (ID vs. Id)
I prefer "ID"

Representing prohibited attributes
If we're following the suggestion of Garret (see. 3.) Use of XSD built-in dataypes ....), than no prohibition of attributes is necessary, any more.

I know, I'm a little bit late with my comments. But I hope you'll still recognize my comments. Thank you.

Kind regards,

        Gunther