ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Creating a new document... where to start?

Sylvia

There is an important difference with your solution -
it relaxes rather than tightens the UBL Schema.
This is extension rather than restriction in that it allows any
codelist for currency rather than just the ISO codelist 0.3

The net result is that your instance is valid with your
Schemas but not with UBL-proper (or 'UBL-vanilla').

In this case I do think a new namespace *might* be
warranted.

If you only intend the Schemas for internal use, though, I
see no harm. If they might be sent to a registry of sorts
then I'd say that where restriction is used such that instances
valid against the adapted Schemas are always
valid against UBL-vanilla, then I'd sya the same namespaces
can be used (where the intention is for secondary validation
and/or subset definition). But where there is extension, I'd
say one should avoid 'xsd:redefine' and keep to what it
presently says in the customization methodology paper
(in the 1.0cd package). The same with any change (even
restriction) which allows instances which aren't valid by
the original Schemas.

Steve

>>> "Sylvia Webb" <swebb@gefeg.com> 22/06/04 16:37:11 >>>
Ken,

I agree with your assessment about using different namespaces. As an
example, I have created a simple subset of the UBL PO.  This subset simply
defines what I want to send to a trading partner. I call it a Profile
schema. It contains no changes to the basic UBL Purchase Order. It is a
definition of what my company needs. I am not aware of any UBL rules that
require that a new namespace be used in such circumstances.  If I am wrong,
please point me to the document and section that states this requirement.

Sylvia