ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Creating a new document... where to start?

Roger,

I think you'll find that orders and invoices are always a messy business. It's
an imperfect science that when all else fails, through more clerks at it or
just yell down the phone louder... it all works out in the end. That would be
the SMB approach that I have seen.

After all, my broad sweeping statement, is that it depends in which industry you
are implementing has a great deal to do with how much attention is paid to line
items.

In manufacturing, an enormous amount of detail seems to be applied to line
items, especially tracking which items have come in according to the job.

I don't know if other people are finding this, but a decade ago, all the action
was in large companies. They were the only ones that could afford IT and EDI.

Now it seems that the activity is in medium sized companies who have just grown
out of "small". Whilst having a tenth of the budget of large companies, there
seem to be twenty times as many.

All want the best and latest software, and have the money to pay.

I think it is a very good time for UBL

David