ubl-dev message

Subject: A few general questions regarding UBL and XSD

Hi Dev's

I have previously tried to post the following question - but with no replies
:-(

Hope someone out there can help me..'

----
A few general questions regarding UBL and XSD.

1.	In the UBL guideline document is an example (in section 3.1.2
Restrictions) on
	how to eliminate optional elements:
	"you can eliminate an optional element (that is, change its
cardinality from 0..3 to 0..0)".
	I just wan't to make shure this doesn't mean that you have to write
maxoccures="0"
	but just omit writing the element in your restriction.

2.	The UBL guideline document prmarily talks about modeling the types
in UBL.
	I have some doubt on what is allowed on element level - and still be
UBL-Compatible.
	a.	Is it aloved to create new elements if these are based on
UBL types (under a new namespace ofcourse)
	b.	Is it allowed to create elements based on my own types?

3.	Is it allowed to restrict-extend? Ex.: I want to remove an optional
element
	and extend the schema with another UBL element. This requires two
steps in
	xml-schema - is there any recommendations on how to du this?
	The way I do it now is by restricting to an abstract type (like a
temp. value)
	and then extending this to the desired result. Is this
UBL-Compliant?

4.	There are some guidelines on how to model the file structure of UBL.

	I would like to "atomize" the schemas so that there is one element
pr. file. Is this Compliant?
	It is has no infuence on the structure of the toplevel schemas..

Hope the questions was understandable.. Otherwise please let me know.

Regards
Rasmus Knippel
IT-strategisk kontor
IT- og Telestyrelsen