ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Online UBL validator?

Hi Micah,

We are in the middle of producing a UBL validator/testpad so we haven't made it
publicly available yet.

It's written in Perl and does a wide variety of tests on documents. The basic
idea is that it would be able to scrutinise a trading partners documents for
compliance to the specifications.

Our plan is to release the tool as shareware in the next month or so.

This is the output from one script when used on the standard UBL example.

D:\ComputerGrid\ComputerGrid UBL Testpad>perl CheckPO.pl
UBL-Order-1.0-beta-Joinery-Example.xml
Computergrid.net - UBL PO Document Test Script
.Checking Header for mandatory fields
  ..[Exists] /Order/cat:IssueDate
  ..[Exists] /Order/cat:BuyersID
  ..[Not Exists] /Order/cat:SellersID
  ..[Not Exists] /Order/cat:LineExtensionTotalAmount
  ..[Not Exists] /Order/cat:LineItemCountQuantity
  ..[Not Exists] /Order/cat:BuyerParty/cat:SellerAssignedAccountID
  ..[Exists] /Order/cat:OrderLine[1]
  ..[Exists] /Order/cat:OrderLine[1]/cat:LineItem/cat:Quantity
  ..[Not Exists] /Order/cat:OrderLine[1]/cat:LineItem/cat:LineExtensionAmount
  ..[Not Exists] /Order/cat:OrderLine[1]/cat:LineItem/cat:Item/cat:Description
  ..[Exists] /Order/cat:OrderLine1]/cat:LineItem/cat:Item/cat:
SellersItemIdentification/cat:ID
[Fail] Document failed Validatation test with 6 Errors

Regards

David