ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] A 'Lite' Profile for UBL

Folks,

A quick look at an OAGi BOD compared to a UBL PO for example - speaks volumes
here.  The PO BOD is developed for those big-endian ERP systems - and yes - UBL
is already 'BOD-lite'.  Yes you do need to understand those mapping rules and
be able to formalize them.  The CAM templates are designed to handle this -
"what happens when UBL hits the realworld?" - speed bump - and capture those
rules as XML scripts - and this is the key point - that are context driven.

This is not magic or patentable - its been going on for ever.  The world
consists of proprietary business rules - that spawn at virus like rates - that
happen because context localization is the constant driver.  Having mechanisms
that can mitigate this - to help enforce convergence - to provide people with a
formal way of implementing their own localization context - but in a perscribed
way - that does not break the overall interoperability model - is what this is
all about.

You have to make people have a behaviour adjustment - by providing a process
that can support that.  CAM I believe does that formalization.  It allows
people to start using registry services to create a community of interest (CoI)
and a shared vocabulary and knowledge set that is reusable.  While you have UBL
you have one part of the equation.  By adding XML scripts for business rules -
context management - and linkage to registry based vocabularies - then you can
start to build this.

Pedro - if you had access to this missing link for Portugese accounting CoI -
I'm sure your job would have been much easier!!

Cheers, DW.

http://drrw.net