ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] A 'Lite' Profile for UBL

Thanks David

There is a growing sense I'm getting from a few sources of potential
support from high-profile software companies; we'll see how it goes.
I'm grateful that some companies are interested and I would be glad to hear from
others but I realise it is still very much early days. Once something is out there
and used by early adopters, I feel confident that interest will grow and could
become 'viral' or 'reach critical mass' - which would need to happen for the
business case to succeed for the majority. In the mean time, companies
who adopt sooner could find ample benefit from being able to use UBL in such
a simple way whith some hope of interoperability working out well with others
who are willing to adopt the same profile. The benefit looks like it could be
exponential or sigmoid at least. Removal of barriers to entry is absolutely
the main thing here so that at least those who'd like such a standard can
gain one without it having been made difficult for them.

All the best

Steve

>>> David RR Webber <david@drrw.info> 24/08/04 16:52:50 >>>
Stephen,

If you could get PayPal to support it - you would have a huge win.

They do millions of those 'simple' transactions daily via eBay. Would be easy to
cut over the customer, product and pricing information and even perhaps some
snazzier info' like category and buyer profile information.

Then Quicken would be the next choice - this would allow you to round trip.

DW