ubl-dev message

Subject: UBL and proposed IPR policy changes

Folks,

I'm looking at the 3 IPR choices that OASIS is proposing, and I do not
see that any of them fit here
for UBL.

In fact the only two TCs I could see these changes definately working
for is the BPEL and the
UDDI TCs. My interpretation is that the IPR choices are makingextended
licensing
requirements to become the normal modus operadi - instead of them being
rare and
exceptional practice.

What is UBL planning to do about this?  I cannot see how you can adopt
any of the three models
on offer without jeapordizing the free and open licencing model that you
currently have.

Just wondering.

DW