ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: RE: [ubl-dev] Invoice Type Code

Stephen,

The credit note would usually be a positive amount
as it is traditionally a credit to the debtors account.

The invoice is usually applied as a debit to an
account. So whilst being transmitted with a positive
value, it gets applied to the account in a subtractive
sense.

It's rare to see a negative amount credit note. Won't
say never :-), but that would usually go on another
invoice.