ubl-dev message

Subject: Neighbourly Implementation of UBL

Greetings UBL-DEV

I'd like to propose a ubl-dev set of rules for the Neighbourly Implementation of UBL (NIU Rules, say).
I'd also like to propose the first (even if the only) rule which comes in two parts:
Implementers SHOULD implement at least the <<ubl lite>> profile and SHOULD NOT require that applications receiving their UBL messages implement any more than the <<ubl lite>> profile.
The 'ubl lite' is in brackets so that it MAY be substituted with a more context-specific profile if necessary to a specified trading context. Context modelers MAY then cosnider creating a 'lite' profile for their particular context or specifying one which is already defined.

A potential mechanism to specify a profile might be the add metadata to a specification or manifest with the code, say,
NIURule1    - which defaults the profile to ubl lite
or
NIURule1-<<profile>>  - where <<profile>> is the profile name or id
The mechanism is really just a suggestion.

All the best

Stephen Green