ubl-dev message

Subject: Tools for database support for UBL?

Hi.

I'm leading the HyperJAXB project aimed to provide relational
persistence layer for XML Schema-driven XML documents.

https://hyperjaxb.dev.java.net/

The solution is already implemented and works with a great variety of
schemas.

This week, one of the users decided to try HyperJAXB with UBL schemas. I
helped him and today UBL schema is finally deployed as one of the
HyperJAXB tests.

Yet another user crossposed your mail from ubl-dev concerning the
database support for UBL. I think what we did with HyperJAXB for UBL
schemas is exactly what you're looking for.

In brief, the solution functions as follows:

Sun's JAXB implementation + HyperJAXB add-on are used to produce Java
classes representing constructs of the UBL XML Schema. HyperJAXB add-on
augments the generated code with Hibernate XDoclets. After that
Hibernate toolset is used to produce Hibernate object-relational mapping
and database schema.
JAXB allows Java object representation to be unmarshalled
from/marshalled to XML documents. Hibernate allows Java objects to be
saved into/loaded from a relational database. These two parts together
basically allow XML documents to be persisted in a relational database.

I suggest that you take a look at HyperJAXB - might happen that it is
the solution you need.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Bye.
/lexi