ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Tools for database support for UBL?

Stephen:

Adobe has a set of tools that do this.  The product line is called
LiveCycle.  The idea would be that you first use the Adobe Designer to
design an PDF form with the fields you want to give write access to
mutable.  When designing the form, you embed the UBL schema you want
into the PDF form; this allows the ability to write our XML form output
that is constrained by the schema.

The second component is called Form Server.  Form server sits in a J2EE
app server and exposes an interface from which the XML form instance
data can be collected.  Once you have it inside the appserver
environment, you can simply use the native JDBC functionality to insert
into your DB.  Using the Designer product again, you could make a second
form that is for the person responsible for processing the instance
data.  This time, rather that using the XML schema for designing the
form, you can select the data base and the form can import and build the
form off of the database rows and columns.  All one needs to view the
forms is the free Acrobat reader.

If you (or anyone else) wants the download coordinates and screen shots
and a actual form, please email me offline (don't want to subject those
on the list who are not interested)

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist - Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com