ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Digital Signatures

Yes Patrick, that is the point.

Saludos,

Giovanni Roldan C.
GENNASSIS

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Patrick Yee [mailto:kcyee@cecid.hku.hk]
Enviado el: domingo, 19 de diciembre de 2004 23:30
Para: David RR Webber
CC: Giovanni Roldan; ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Asunto: Re: [ubl-dev] Digital Signatures

Tim and David,

Thanks. But I think Giovanni has a point here. Actually (not only
theorectically) UBL can be used on many transport protocols. Some
supports doing digital signature on the protocol level (like ebMS, WSS,
etc.), but some doesn't. Let's imagine a case where we want to create a
UBL instance and then send it to a partner using HTTP Post method, or
upload it to my partner's FTP server. We may still digitally sign the
UBL instance. These cases, together with the InfoPath application
mentioned by Giovanni suggest: can we have a normative position for
placing the digital signature?

Regards,- Patirck