ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Re: Code list extensibility and substitution groups

Jon,

Following on from Duane's long posting - it reminded me that
Glenda Hayes at MITRE went down a similar path for the
DOD XML Registry - creating an XML structure to contain
codelist values.  I did not care too much for the exact XML
structure that she implemented for DOD - but certainly this
approach has been considered.  I believe DISA X12 also have
something as part of their CICA work.

The business noun structure that the CAM team is working
on with Registry SCM SC is also another viable approach to
allowing the storage of semantics and code values associated
with a core component. The advantage there is that codelists
are not a special class by themselves - and the one uniform
mechanism is capable of handling the details they entail.

Anyway - this is just some thoughts here - as possible
additional ways of considering coping with this - since
as you note - there does not seem to be a pure-play
schema only solution on the table presently.

Thanks, DW