ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Re: [ebxml-dev] Invoice message: UN/EDIFACT andUBL

I participated in the CEN/ISSS EEG1 e-Invoice Project last
year where we did conduct some gap analysis between
standards such as EDIFACT and UBL (besides significant
industry-related standards, it being the purpose to develop
cross-industry messages). From this it seemed that there was
little difference to speak of between the semantic elements of
an EDIFACT Invoice payload and a UBL Invoice payload.
In line with Jon's advice, this work has since become part of
one of the submissions to TBG17 for production of the TBG17
Core Components. (Freddy de Vos and Mounir El-Khoury lead
the EEG1 e-Invoice Project).

All the best

Stephen Green

>>> "David Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info> 03/03/05 19:00:27 >>>
Jon,

If I were to attempt to reverse engineer something - the
original xCBL work was based heavily on SimplEDI - that
is the most commonly used elements of the most commonly
used EDIFACT message formats (invoice / PO / ship notice).

You can find documentation on EDIFACT SimplEDI.  It's
value is that is saves a lot of time mapping to the EDIFACT
transactions as it provides a minimal set.

Linking UBL transactions to those SimplEDI elements would
probably not be too ardious - and certainly helpful for people
needing to co-exist between existing EDIFACT transactions
and UBL.

DW