ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] ReceiptAdvice Help Needed

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 2:13 pm, Seay, Thomas wrote:
> Hello, I am new to this list and need some help.  I am trying to use the
> ReceiptAdvice much as one would use the 944 in X12 EDI (that is the
> Warehouse Stock Transfer Receipt Advice).  Actually the information that we
> need is not too complex and this document seems to work well enough, save
> for a few items which I would like to ask about.
>
> We send a Despatch Advice and want to get the ReceiptAdvice back once the
> goods have  arrived at the warehouse.
>
> I am curious about where I could put the following:
>
> 1) Invoice Number.  We need this back in the ReceiptAdvice, so I need to
> know an appropriate element that I could use.  I researched this but I dont
> find an appropriate element in the ReceiptAdvice. Please help me out.

Well in most places I guess an Invoice number wouldn't normally be
assigned until after the Despatch advice was sent. Although, obviously
in part deliveries and an open invoice, you might expect to see the
invoice number on each delivery docket.

Maybe this is a minor oversight in UBL at the moment. Maybe you are one
of the first people to try using this document in such a way. Maybe you might
need to just add it in yourself for the moment.

UBL is much more suited to adding custom elements than what you may
be used to with EDI.

> 2) <BUYERParty> and <SellerParty> do not exactly describe the relationship
> between us (an OEM) and the warehouse.  Is there somewhere else I could put
> this information?

Try something like <BuyerParty>Warehouse</BuyerParty> and
<SellerParty>Head Office</SellerParty>.

I think in the scheme of UBL, it's quite important to keep the BuyerParty
and SellerParty intact. as they become the base for further transactions.

--
Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.