ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] ReceiptAdvice Help Needed

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:49 pm, Seay, Thomas wrote:
> <<UBL is much more suited to adding custom elements than what you may
> be used to with EDI.>>
>
> First of all, thanks for your kind response.  In regards to the above, how
> is that so? It looks to me that adding a custom element would be violating
> the standard.

Yes but business is business, and if you need it, then you need it.

Adding a spoiler and new mag wheels might not be standard.. but it
looks nice and usually works well....

I can't see how it is much different here...

Fortunately, there are no UBL conformance police... and if there were
then one quick look around our place would have us locked up in 10 mins
flat... we'd have to find a quick UBL lawyer... yada yada...

I wouldn't worry about it....

> If there is a means for doing this (adding my custom element
> without breaking the standard), I would be very interested in learning
> about that.

The standard doesn't break just because somebody adds a custom
element. I can assure you of that.

Any good system would cope with the addition of a custom element like
what you have described.

By all means get some differing opinons. I'm sure there are many with
a more conservative view whose opinions are equally valid.

Best Regards

David

--
Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.