ubl-dev message

Subject: The UBL Small Business Subset's new home

Greetings ubl-dev,

Happy to inform folk that the UBL Small Business Subset
has a new home - the newly formed UBL Small Business
SubCommittee (ubl-sbsc). We have a website on the
OASIS site:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ubl-sbsc
and are open for business :-)

Soon, I hope, there should be a beta package of the
subset for review (we are some way towards
a "UBL-1.0-SBS-1.0-beta-2" package but we'll need to
put together some words to explain the purpose and
use of this particular subset of UBL).

Many thanks to all who've helped move this work forward.
Special thanks to the UBL TC for authorising this sub
committee with its charter to delliver the SBS as a
OASIS UBL committee draft. Special thanks too to
my co-chair, G.Ken Holman who has worked behind the
scenes to provide sets of XPaths to define the subset
and has provided excellent technical advice and guidance
to a comparative non-techie like myself :-)

I hope our intial package will include the following (initially
as a beta package and eventually, soon we hope, as a
committee draft):

#   A set of XPaths to define a subset

#   Associated documents such as spreadsheets and
      sample XML instances / templates

#   Tentative beginnings of a kind of implementation guide
      and explanations of the purpose of the work

#   Liaisons, we hope, with interested parties representative
     of the likely small business users who might benefit from
     this work.

If anyone has hints about how to keep in contact with
the such suitable groups or if anyone would like to join
our work (bearing in mind the IP policy of UBL which
is seeking to keep things royalty-free) we'd like to hear from
you. Comments to the ubl-dev list would be welcome from
those who do not wish to join the SBSC, ubl-dev having
been the subset's birthplace as it were. The homepage of the
SBSC (above) also has a 'send a comment' facility.

If folks are interested, the UBL Human Interfaces SC is doing
some excellent work which implements the SBS in specifying
forms for input and with continuation of the former FPSC
work for presentation forms.

Thanks again to all who've helped get this off the ground.

All the best

Stephen Green