ubl-dev message

Subject: [ubl-dev] UBL in real life shipping web services integration

Hi Tim,

This was very useful info. I will submit proposal to the UBL but firstly I
want to be sure I understand well all elements already defined.

We have to add XML elements for:
1) International export - commodity codes, shipment export declarations,
etc.
2) The case when the shipper address can be different from the address where
we ship from.
3) The case when the pickup address can be different from the address where
we ship from.
4) We need shipper contact info, pickup contact info(name, phone), consignee
contact info
5) We need an element for email address for delivery notification
6) We need an element for Carrier Account Number for shipment, Billing, Duty
payment. They can be different.
7) We need an elements for Payment with credit card.

I am trying to understand the meaning of the following XPath statements in
the light of parcel shipping and wonder if they are relevant for this case:

ShipmentStage - the name is not very informative.
ActualShipment/cac:Delivery - when this is used?
DespatchLine/cac:Delivery - when this is used?

DespatchLine - I suppose we can have many DespatchLine items.
In this case this declaration has to be
DespatchLines/DespatchLine - instance1
DespatchLines/DespatchLine - instance2

DespatchLine/Item - I suppose we can have many Items.
Then we have to have
Items/Item1 - instance1
Items/Item2 - instance2

Can you give me some real world examples?
/Request/UBLDespatchAdviceAll/ActualShipment/cac:ShipmentStage/cac:Transport
ModeCode

Can you give me some real world examples?
/Request/UBLDespatchAdviceAll/ActualShipment/cac:ShipmentStage/cac:Transport
MeansTypeCode

This element has to be used for DHL, UPS, FedEx, Etc:
/Request/UBLDespatchAdviceAll/ActualShipment/cac:ShipmentStage/cac:CarrierPa
rty/cac:PartyName

When these elements are used:
/Request/UBLDespatchAdviceAll/ActualShipment/cac:Delivery/cac:DeliveryAddres
and
/Request/UBLDespatchAdviceAll/ActualShipment/cac:Delivery/cac:DespatchAddres

Package - Express Envelope, etc. - can I place this text here:
DespatchAdvice.DespatchLine.TransportHandlingUnit.ActualPackage.ID
I suppose ID has to be a number actually.

But there is a carrier specific stuff such as DHL Account Number for example
- where to place this number to?

Also some carriers need to send with the request the Shipper address, beside
ShipTo and ShipFrom Address. Not that ShipFrom address can be different than
the Shipper address. Where to place the Shipper Address?

Additionally we have the following: COD (collect On Delivery), Insured Value

For Billing we can have the following cases:
Billing the shipper party - need an element for Carrier Account Number
Billing the receiver party - need an element for Carrier Account Number
Direct Billing to credit card - need an element for Credit Card Number
Duty Payment for international shipments - need an element for Carrier
Account Number

Where to place the following info:
Multiple Pieces
Shipment Contents
Shipment is Dutiable or not
/Pickup/PickupDate
/Pickup/ReadyByTime
/Pickup/CloseTime
/Pickup/AfterHoursClosingTime
/Pickup/AfterHoursLocation
PickupType/code
PickupPlace - can be different from ShipFrom Address
PickupContact - this can be different than Shipper Party contact
Shipper Contact - shipper can be different than Seller Party contact
Commodity Code - important for export
Commodity Name- important for export

Dutiable info - Declared Value, SheduleB, Export License, Terms of trade,
etc.
Export Declaration - Export Reason, SED number, etc.

Constantine
ExpediteBiz
ExpediteShip.com