ubl-dev message

Subject: Base price and invoice theory?

Hi, according to the folllowing definition
http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/base+price base price is:

"åØåthe initial price of something (goods or services) without the
additional charges that may be added, such as handling or shipping charges,
sales tax, optional equipment charges, etc. [PJC] "
which is the way I've always understood it, is there anywhere in the various
UBL documents that could cause anyone to argue differently, that is to say
is everyone agreed with this definition

 the reason I am asking is that someone argued to me recently that this
meaning is based on the needs of paper based invoices and is not necessary
for electronic invoices, their definition would be in fact goods and
services with the additional charges of handling, shipping charges, optional
equipment, everything but sales tax.

Now personally I don' t know anything about this subject other than what I
had in my accounting class many many years ago,  but it seems totally wrong.

In fact where an Invoice is concerned I had supposed that the physical
representation of an invoice followed some form of theoretical model such as
the physical representation of so many other structured informational
formats such as graphs, law texts, library catalogs, and of course a general
ledger (obviously in some of these examples the theoretical model is more
stringent than others)  Is there in fact such a model for the individual
elements of an invoice, and if so does anyone have some references (I'm
talking far more generally than a model for a UBL invoice now)?

If you have an in-depth response on this with references to such a model can
you also cc my other email at bry@itnisk.com because I don't expect to be
back in the office until monday and I would like to get my arguments ready
with references to relevant literature if I need to.