ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL Code Data Types

hi dave,

the attributes of UBL data types are taken from the ebXML Core Component
Technical Specification so the question is better aimed at UN/CEFACT.

however, you are quite correct that there are (or should be)
relationships between these attributes. the attached class diagram is
one that UBL de-constructed from the ebXML specifications.  it may help
clarify the architecture used.

NB since UBL 1.0 was released UN/CEFACT's ATG2 group have drafted their
own set of schemas for Core Component types.  Whilst these follow the
same principles and structure as the UBL 1.0 ones, there are some subtle
differences. our plan is to adopt the ATG2 schemas when we publish UBL
2.0.  i mention this because  it reinforces the fact the UBL is not in
the business of re-inventing  common data types for XML schemas. from a
UBL perspective we hope that by adopting the same ebXML data type
schemas as UN/CEFACT and others (such as OAGIS) we can promote greater
interoperability between document implementations.