ubl-dev message

Subject: Best practice for schema and versioning documentation

Title: Message
The US IRS is in the process of revising its XML NDR to align with UBL 1.0.

During our most recent working session, we discussed that the DOC ndr did not specifically include schema level documentation. For the IRS, this is documentation that applies to the schema rather than the schema components. We also discussed a need to document the rationale or reasons for version changes and where it would be appropriate to place this information.

Our questions: Has anyone addressed these type concerns? What practices do your firms utilize?

We would appreciate any suggestions you could provide.

thanks

Sol Safran
Enterprise Data Management
301.429.7543