ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBLish encoding is not UTF-8?

You might be right with the special letters;  I'll have to look at
it more specifically to know.  If you could share that portion of
your spreadsheet with the problematic special letters, it'll
be more helpful.

Just a bit of blurb on why UTF-8 with UBLish.

UTF-8 is a very flexible and simple bridge from usual ASCII
strings to future (or some might say present) pervasive use of
Unicode standard.  To be more interoperable with most other schema
parsers, it is still better to have it as UTF-8 unless you know
it is a very targeted use with little need for other parsers to
process the schemas.  One more thing I might say is at the time
of releasing UBLish-v1.0.10, the UBL TC has recommended
for UBL schemas to be encoded in UTF-8.

Thanks for highlighting the issue.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai