ubl-dev message

Subject: Real world use and experience with the UN Layout Key

Hello UBL-Dev'ers,

I chair the Human Interface Subcommittee and our subcommittee is looking
for volunteer assistance in the preparation of informative guidelines for
the mapping of UBL to the use of the United Nations Layout Key based on a
design sheet and layout chart standardized in ISO 3535.

In our continuing quest for expert opinion (by "expert" I include people
who have day-to-day use with the actual forms), we will need help mapping
UBL document types to UN Layout Key forms, and then UBL information
elements into form box locations and form box labels in those forms that
are chosen.

Tonight's appeal is to ask you to consider assisting us if you have such
expertise and to contact me off-list if you can help.  The UBL TC has not
yet chosen the document types being added to 2.0, so we I won't be asking
for your input immediately, but I am asking you to contact me ASAP so that
I know you will be a resource to call on when the committee needs your help.

We are starting our UBL 2.0 work by using the eight document types of UBL
1.0, so we can keep ourselves (very) busy preparing for when the TC chooses
new document types.

Also, my postal address is in my email trailer below ... if you work in a
shipping office or some other office in which forms conforming to the UN
Layout Key are being used, could I impose on you to please drop one copy of
each in the post to me?  I will then compare the forms I receive with the
UN form specifications we find and judge the efficacy of the HISC
specifications we write.

(Why do I not have such forms?  I'm a geek writing and implementing a
technical specification for a business vocabulary, I'm not a business user
of such forms)

Many thanks in advance to those who can help!

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/bc