ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: SV: [ubl-dev] Invitation to Participate in Developing a Catalogue Document for Submission into UBL 2.0.

Mikkel,

Well that is ok then... our govt here doesn't work like that... and
is based on an old-buddies system of kickbacks. If you offer to
set up a "consultancy" for a politician for after he retires... there's no
shortage of govt. business that you'll get :-) wink.. wink..

But there is actually a lot of interesting development work being done
in this part of the world in this field of xml catalogues outside of govt.

We are on the fringes of Asia where there is franetic manufacturing
of all sorts of products.

Most of the businesses tend to be smaller in size, and in any
given space. Every week there are more businesses coming on-line
in a production sense to be able to produce any given type of item.

This is actually resulting in a flood of manufacturers and product/pricing
information.

The challenges for Asian manufacturers and distributors are to go realtime,
whereby they can provide live product data feeds to their customers. In more
and more cases, this will be done with xml.

This assists everybody in allowing their computer systems to always have
up-to-date information, and take pricing from being a traditionally manual
job, into one where prices are set automatically and in realtime by sets of
parameter information.

By doing this, we are hoping to alleviate the sense of utter panic that
is now engulfing small business. Being flooded by items that are sold
on a price sensitive basis, with no mechanisms for moderating on price.

In the future, we are going to be seeing better live feeds from China
and other parts of Asia than we can get locally... where the xml
systems designs are all going to be "new" and they are more
than keen to take them on...

Regards

David