ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Identifiers

Hi Fraser

> Thanks for that Steven I can see why it would cause problems in the
> document schemas and does that mean in UBL 2.0 there will be CBC codes
> and IDs?

Yes, the naming and design rules have changed for 2.0 (that is not to say
they
won't change again as some important outstanding issues are resolved). As
the rules
currently stand, all BBIEs will be declared in the common basic components
(CBC) schema.

The latest version is at
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200506/msg00065.html

> BTW where would I find a summary of the proposed changes for UBL 2.0??

The changes you are asking for I imagine are the latest naming and design
rules

There are also changes to the content. If you are interested in following
these
(they are very much a work in progress) the latest list has just been posted
to http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200507/msg00031.html

I'd stress again that all this is still very much a work in progress and may
be
so for a few more months at least, with reviews scheduled within that time.

All the best

Stephen Green